Sunday, January 06, 2008

Start as you mean to continue

This phrase succinctly sums up my thoughts about the New Year. I did my best to end 2007 with having already started some of my goals that way I can keep moving with the momentum and give myself a great start to the year! Then I heard Brenda Dayne's podcast by the same name and knew that it was going to be my motto for the year.

I was having a hard time falling asleep one night early last week and decided to write down a list of everything that I wanted and needed to do the next day. List writing is a favorite activity of mine but that night I got on a roll and even surprised myself when my list ended at #65. Obviously this list was not going to be accomplished in one day but I gave myself to the end of the month to finish it.

Updating the blog was number seven on the list. It has been over a month since I posted anything and at some point I began putting it off because I didn't have sufficient time to make a really good post and then it just snowballed from there. Today I decided that I just needed to make a post and get on with it!

A lot has happened in one month and I hear Ailish starting to wake from her nap so this won't be much longer... but look at what Mom and Dad gave me for Christmas!

This is an Amy Butler bag by Rowan purchased from Simply Fibers, a skein of Alpaca Soxx yarn in cream and the Interweave Press book Favorite Socks.

I'm so in love with this bag... it's ridiculous.

It holds so much stuff!!! LOOOOVE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely bag! Your parents did a great job!

Anonymous said...

What a great gift for the rest of us - a new post from Brianne! Don't worry about your posts being "good enough," we just like hearing from you!

(I need to check out that bag so I can copy it! I am really excited about sewing these days!)

Danielle said...

Ooo...One of my favorite sock books, and the bag is beautiful, too!

anxiousdog said...

I second what Zarah said! I can't wait to see you this weekend too! :)