Monday, March 20, 2006

Thank you!

I received my package of goodies from my Needle Exchange Pal! As you can see, Samantha was very generous. She gifted me with a beautiful box that I think will be perfect for knitting notions. Perhaps my new Addi Turbos will go in there!
Oh, and do you see that beautiful sock yarn? That screams of Project Spectrum.... and I'm thinking cables. Thanks, Samantha!!!
There was also another package waiting for me, but this one was no present. I've earned the reputation at work as being the new girl with the cool knitted socks. I think these Lorna's Laces will make some great socks.
The skeins on the left are Black Watch and the colors are even more wonderful in person. The skeins on the left are Aslan and I bought them specifically because I don't have any socks that go with brown! Problem solved.

For those of you who commented, Owen is doing much better! We had one more trip to Urgent Care on Saturday morning and the antibiotics hadn't done anything for his ears so we were prescribed a new one. That new stuff did the trick and Sunday morning his fever broke! He was a sick little guy for 5 days and even though he's not completely fine, it's better than feeling bad and having a 102.6 fever.

I've had a string of finished items that I haven't shown off, including that I finished and lined my cabled purse. I love this purse and it's come to work with me for the past week. I also finished a scarf that is going in the Christmas present box, and a soft gift pouch that is finding it's home with my SP7 pal.

One FO that I'm really excited about is a Pretty Princess Cape that I made for a friend's little girl. She's 2 1/2 and her mommy is one of my good friends in CA. I crocheted her a cape that velcros in front with sparkly ribbon. And of course, there is a matching cape for her favorite teddy bear. I'll be sending that out tomorrow and I can't wait to hear how she likes it!

No comments: