Thursday, November 16, 2006

Visualization

I have no pictures to show you of any of these things I'm going to talk about today. Why? Because I've been a bad blogger and have worked on many fun things without taking a single picture.

I'm about 7 inches in on the back of my UnGranny Smith cardigan. I'm really getting into this project and love the shaping. I'm using Rowan Cashcotton DK in the Sage color and if I haven't said it before, I'm so glad that I splurged on the yarn. (Seriously, I bought my LYS out of it.)

Though I'm loving my green cardigan, I had to put it down last night. See, I've been procrastinating on something that I should have decided on a while ago. Last night I wound up some Cascade Eco Wool in the Ecru color and started swatching. Pleased with my results, I started digging through my Knitting Stitch Bible to find what I was looking for. Behold! There it is! The Celtic Cable, done over 24 stitches. It's perfect! I doubled the yarn and worked on size 11 US Denise needles and I'm happy with what I'm seeing so far. This will end up being a pillow for my sister and I'm hoping that it will make it to her in San Diego before Christmas. My new brother-in-law loves Celtic folklore and has a large Celtic cross tatooed on his upper arm, so I know it's something that both of them will enjoy.

In the next day or two I'm hoping to get some pictures of both of these up here, plus show off an FO that I'm really enjoying!

Now for some audience participation... what project have you been procrastinating on and why?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been procrastinating on my clapotis and shadow shawl. I got all gung ho when I thought I could finish clapotis for Rhinebeck, but put it away when I realized I couldn't...and I've sort of forgotten how to do the shadow shawl...I need to just concentrate and I could do it. Now I'm all excited for holiday knitting, though!

Anonymous said...

Oh, so many... until last night, I was procrastinating on A Cardigan for Arwen. But then I went stash-diving and found yarn that will work perfectly for it, and now I'm excited to get started.