Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The winds of change


Maybe it's just that I got a fresh batch of pregnancy hormones or something, but I've been really fickle lately. One minute nothing sounds good to eat and even the thought of putting something in my mouth makes the bile rise in my throat. The next minute I spot a Subway and oh my gosh I can't get a veggie laden sub into my mouth fast enough. It's like that with almost everything. Knitting included.

Last week I couldn't put down UnGranny Smith. We were joined at the hip, BFF, running on the beach with our hair blowing gently in the wind. I was going to marry this project and we were going to run away together to the south of France to live happily ever after.

Tonight I must admit that I've cheated on my love. In fact, I've cheated more than once and it's been darn pleasurable. The vow that I took to work on UnGranny Smith for one hour every night has been broken and I don't regret it even a little bit. Chastise with me if you must, but I've found my pleasure elsewhere, in the ply of another yarn.

I saw the Log Cabin blanket sitting dejected and forlorn in the basket and thought, "I'll just work on you for a little bit today". It starts out innocently enough. Just one stripe, that's all. Sure, just one stripe but then the next thing you know it's 2 hours later and you're still swearing that you'll only finish the stripe that you're on and then you'll put down the blanket. *sigh*

Right now I'm indulging myself and have put the cardigan back in it's bag and the Log Cabin blanket is in a place of honor... spread out on the love seat. I've only got one more stripe left and then it's time to work a border around the blanket. Our love affair will be short, but I shall enjoy every moment that we have together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember, monogamy in knitting is not necessarily a good thing!

Anonymous said...

As a former monogamous knitter, I totally get you. Don't worry, I won't rat you out :-)

Lana said...

Brianne,
I knew Carol would see that you got the book. I was going through one of the bookshelves to weed out some to give the the Council of the Blind and ran across it and thought of you. I'm sure Owen will be a big help to you once his sister arrives!
Thank you for your offer of yarn! I accept:~D If you want to leave it at Simply Fibers that would be great. I'm expecting a late b-day gift, so I'll be in in a week or two. Thanks again and hope you are taking things easy while you can! Seriously!!

Anonymous said...

Those log cabins get me every time. :D