Saturday, June 11, 2005

Stamps and Samurais

Last night Bryan, Owen and I hung out with Mark and Josh. It was movie night at Josh's place and I brought along my blanket, hoping to get some work done on it. After getting back from dinner at Pei Wei's we put The Last Samurai in the dvd player.I normally don't have any problem crocheting while watching movies, but this time it was hard! Perhaps because it was dark and also perhaps because the movie was actually good. :P In any case, I added one last row of red and then went on to do 16 rows of the beige/cream color. I love adding different colors to projects. It makes them look all beautiful and stuff. :)

Today Natalie Richardson had her Stamp Camp party-type-thing. I wasn't sure what to expect. I'd heard from Natalie and Crissy that it is a ton of fun and you get to make cards while you're at this thing. Being that it was only $20 and I was aching for some girly-stuff, I signed up and actually attended even though I was surviving on 3 1/2 hours of sleep. Barring the confusion at first and lack of prep, I had a good time!We made 8 cards (2 hours my left foot! We were there for 4 hours.) that look really incredible and I learned about stamping and different techniques to use. I'll try to reinstall Adobe Photoshop on the computer and then put some up here for posterity.

Being that I'm in the "Party Planning" Business as some people like to call it, I must say that I'm very watchful of what other consultants do at their shows. This consultant was knowledgeable and seemed to have a great teaching ability, but frankly, she never sold me on why I should use their stuff. There was no talking about her company and why it is great. She never explained why I can't live without their stamps, ink, paper, paraphanelia. I brought home a book with me, only because it has layout ideas in it. After looking through it, I'm still trying to decide if it's worth the time and effort to actually order something from this woman.

No comments: