Friday, June 10, 2005

Why am I doing this?

My parents are moving to Branson, Missouri on July 19th. For the past 3 years I've worked with my parents out of their home office, bringing my son to work with me for 2 of those years. Now that they are moving I'm going to be staying at home with my little man, Owen, who is almost 2 and will be working on my Pampered Chef business. It's a real change for me and I'm hoping not to totally crack once they're gone. My family is incredibly close and I recognize that I'm going to need something to do.That's when I decided that I could have fun learning more crafty things and keep an online journal documenting the neat things I make and the progress I'm making on them. Wahoo!

I enjoy crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbooking, and the occasional venture into beads. I currently have a sewing machine, though I don't know how to use it. I also would like to learn more about crochet as I only know one type of stitch. It would be fun to learn new scrapbooking techniques, too. There's a really awesome store near me that has classes. There are a lot of things I'd like to learn!

I started crocheting a blanket on Monday. It is made of barn red yarn, which I plan on stopping and putting a large chunk of cream in the middle, flanked by more red. It is 100 chains long and is done in the one stitch that I know. :P (Someday I'll learn more about the lingo.) Okay, enough for now! Must run!

No comments: