Monday, April 03, 2006

March's Pink Items

Pink Scarf: 2x2 rib, size 13US needles, Baby Alpaca Grande (color 2567)
Burgandy Mini Scarf: 1x1 rib, size 8US needles, Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk (color 12)
Pink Socks: Come to Silver sock pattern, size 4US dpns, Debblie Bliss Cotton Angora (color 24)


I've never been much of a pink girl. Anyone who knew me as a kid could tell you that I avoided pink like nobody's business. I was a tom boy who preferred comfort over frills and tree climbing more than tea parties. My sister had those things covered, thanks.

I loved blue and green, and I think that I always will choose those colors over others. But lately a disturbing trend has been noticed. Pink has snuck into my wardrobe. I have a few pink shirts and even a pink sweater! Heck, I even have a pink earring/necklace set that is way too cute. But I'm still a little hesitant about pink and I think that's part of the reason why I chose to do March's Project Spectrum in all pink. It was going to be a challenge!

The pink sock yarn was a Jimmy Beans Wool purchase from last summer and it is making up into some really luscious socks. The big pink scarf yarn was a Christmas gift from Mom & Dad who knew how much I had been drooling over that yarn when my sister used it to make her first scarf. It was a dream to work with and the most touchy feely yarn ever. And the burgandy yarn was a gift from my Secret Pal and Mom really wants to steal this from me.

I don't know that I'll ever be that pink-loving girly girl... but I'm a little step closer!

5 comments:

Beverly said...

Everything looks so pretty. In Pink. Sorry, couldn't resist. I do love the socks--they're just sweet.

Zarah said...

Looks like you did pretty good for someone who doesn't like pink! But bring on the orange and yellow, right? It was fun having out with you guys the other night!

Laura said...

Wow! Pinkalicious! :)

I love the Baby Alpaca Grande. Who makes that yarn? Might need to stock up on that for Christmas gifts. It looks as though it would make a great "My So Called Scarf."

Dani said...

I know exactly how you feel about pink! But instead of taking on the challenge of knitting in pink, I opted out of March for project spectrum. hehe
Lovely pink items though! Especially the socks (I've been on a sock kick lately)

Lynn / vigilant20 said...

I'm in the same place you are! I was always a tomboy and hug out with my brothers and their friends. Heck, I'm still one of the guys, but I'm starting to realize pink won't actually melt my skin...lol