Monday, June 19, 2006

KSKS Questionnaire

Remember Bev? That would be the faboo Bev of PoMo Golightly who was my SP7 Spoilee and who also sent me Mama E's PoMo colorway of sockyarn? Well, how could I resist being involved in a swap that she and Scout are organizing?

The Questionnaire:

What are your favorite colors?

My current favorites are brown, blue and pink (or any combination of those three)

Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks?

I've been knitting socks since January of this year and I'm a wee bit obsessed with them!

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?

I like both. In solids I like a little variation of color, tone on tone.

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn?

Anything, but please nothing with spandex or stretch in them. Stretchy yarns don't like me.

Where do you usually knit socks?

At home, at work, in the car, out in public. They are my everywhere project.

How do you usually carry/store small projects?

I just recently purchased a little Lantern Moon bag that perfectly fits a sock project. Before that it was a plastic baggy. I'd love another sock project sized bag, if you think you'd like to make me one!

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns?

I've really only done stockinette and ribbed socks. I'd love to branch out a bit into more textured pattern socks.

What new techniques would you like to try?

I'd love to try short rows and different types of heels and toes. Oh! And toe up socks. I've only made cuff down thus far.

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting?

I do both. I like circs for the socks that I take out with me so that I don't have to worry about dropping a dpn. I also like working with dpns, though I keep those for my socks at home.

What are some of your favorite yarns?

I love Lorna's Laces and Trekking.

What yarn do you totally covet?

I love handpainted yarns. Or any yarn that is specific to your country that I can't get here.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?

I would love you forever if you bought me some metal dpns in size 1. I can't find them near me and I covet them!

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?

Oooh. It's a tough one. I'd have to say that I'm Trekking XXL. I'm colorful and fun to watch, but I'm also soft yet tough.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?

Like the yarn question, I like stuff that can only be bought near wherever you are.

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages?

No pets, just a 2 year old little boy and a cute husband.

If you were a color what color would you be?

I'd be denim blue. It goes with everything and just looking at my blue jeans makes me feel cozy.

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).

I have a cute shirt that I just bought yesterday. It's a button-down with a fun v-neck and it has brown and pink plaid with little sparkly lines running through.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?

I love any landscape scene but especially trees or beaches.

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read.

As my Dad always says, "If you're going to do it, then do it. If you're not going to do it, then don't do it." Meaning, just make up your mind and get moving!

Do you have a wishlist?

Um... yes? And here it is!


By the way, I've already heard from my pal and she's from another country! Can I just say that I've had a huge smile on my face all day just knowing that I'm getting mail from outside the USA. Yay for me!!!

No comments: