Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Baby, it's cold outside

16 degrees outside, to be precise. 16!!! That's really really cold to this San Diego girl. I was talking to a long time friend of mine yesterday who let me know that it was freezing there. Freezing to the point that some people didn't go into work. How cold was it in Southern California? 40 degrees.

I still think that 40 degrees is really really cold. It's just that now that I've experienced cold like this.... you know, 40 ain't that bad!

Knitting! Let there be knitting content! (And other crafts, too!)

I'm going to do this by project as I think that'll just be easier for me to keep track of.

Mom's French Market Bag:

I finished the sides of the bag on Saturday night and then finished two of the 1/2 handles on Sunday when the unthinkable happened. I ran out of yarn. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Never fear. I called my LYS on Monday morning and they had just gotten in a new shipment of my yarn and were winding and putting aside a skein for hubby to pick up after work. Phew! I still haven't picked the thing back up out of it's project bag... probably tomorrow.

Mom's Scarf:

Done! I finished it yesterday while Owen took his nap. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow. I think it is beautiful and so warm.

Heather's Gift Bag:

I'm making a gift bag for Heather from the Last Minute Knitted Gifts book. I purchased the required yarn and my first pair of Addi Turbos for this project on Saturday, tried casting on while in the store (I had time on my hands and the child was with Bryan.... I was good to go) and had a pain of a time trying to do it! Three tries later I gave up and consoled myself with a Starbucks. I cast on (successfully) last night and have a few rows done.

Jared & Isaac's Bags (Crocheted):

Isaac's project is a stashbuster! (Yay!) I'm using some yarn left over from his scarf (Cotton Ease in some bright orange color) and will be using some white yarn to stitch his name on the front of it. The bag is done except for needing to put the zipper in.

Jared's project I haven't started on yet. I purchased some Red Heart in bright red to make his bag. I'll use the left over yarn to make a fun holiday hat for Owen and Bryan.

Pepa's Irish Hiking Scarf:

I haven't made any new progress on this. I'm not too terribly concerned about getting this out in time for Christmas. Why? Because 1) I know she won't stress about it and 2) she lives in a place where it is 110 degrees in the summer. The woman doesn't desperately need a scarf right now.

I also have some ornaments to make. They're 2 kits from Bucilla and involve some stitching and fun beads. If there's time, I'd also like to make a scarf for my mail carrier. She's a sweet girl and I feel sorry for her having to be out in cold weather like this!

SECRET PAL REVEALED!!!

Well, folks, my Secret Pal has revealed herself! I received my reveal package from her on Friday and it was full of fun stuff!!! Bryan still has the package in the car (I had to show my Mom) but I'll get pictures tonight. You won't believe the beautiful handmade items she made me. (I won't tell and spoil the surprise yet.)

My Secret Pal is Lana and she lives just about 20 minutes away from me! You'll never believe it, but she actually saw me at our LYS just a couple of weeks ago!!! She was trying to help my Mom and the store owner see how she can get gauge on Mom's project. I totally remember seeing Lana, though I didn't know who she was at the time.

Hi, Lana! I'm so glad that you're my Secret Pal! I hope to see you again, soon!!!! :D

No comments: