Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Needle Exchange Questionnaire

This is a new exchange for me and I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes! I'm especially pleased that I have the honor of spoiling the hostess and finding fun stuff to send her way.

1. What do you like to knit or crochet?

I just finished my first pair of socks and already have another pair on the needles. I can already tell that this is going to be a new love affair for me. I'm blessed to have a lot of people in my life to knit for and I enjoy knitting things for them, but I also have a few sweater patterns earmarked for myself.

2. What fibers do you like?

I'm not a big fan of 100% acrylic, but I'm not completely against a blended yarn. I really love alpaca and merino, and I've found that cotton blends are also nice to work with.

3. What type of needles do you use most often?

My Denise Interchangeables are out quite a bit, but if I find that I'm using a needle size for many projects then I'll buy a pair of needles to supplement it. I really like the Brittany needles and I have one lonely Addi Turbo circ that would love a friend.

4. Do you like to knit in the round?

Yes!!! Enthusiastically, yes! Have I had many projects where I've been able to? No. Sad, but true.

5. Do you use the Magic Loop method or any others? Would you like to learn one?

I don't know any of the special methods. I don't mind using DPNs, but I really would like to learn the Magic Loop method.

6. Do you have a favorite place that you shop online?

jimmybeanswool.com is awesome. I also use kpixie.com .

7. Do you want to be surprised?

If you want to surprise me with something, I'd love to be surprised with some really fun colors of yarn. There's a lot of muted shades in my stash and I'm itching to spice it up a little.

Thanks in advance, Needle Exchange Pal!

No comments: