Monday, February 06, 2006

Who has a Secret Pal?



I do!

My first SP7 package arrived via UPS on Friday afternoon and I was so excited to see it! My Secret Pal lives in Seattle, Washington. (How did you like all that rain you got recently? My uncle lives in Tacoma and we heard all about it!)

Inside the box that was taped with adorable flower decorated tape I found some great gifts! Two mint Choxies (which I opened today and sampled... YUM!), "The Knitter's Gift" book which is inspirational and touching, some monogrammed notecards and a cute pen. Somehow this SP knows that I have a special place in my heart for all things related to great stationery and pens. Also there was a beautiful notecard with a Monet print on the front. Monet happens to be one of our favorite artists and hubby was pleased to see this card on our mantle.

Thank you so much, Secret Pal! Considering that the three of us got sick on Wednesday and are just now starting to feel better, this was a great way to cheer up my Friday. I kept everything on the fireplace mantle in our living room until this afternoon because I got to look at the great gifts and they cheered me up all weekend! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

The sock pictured on the far right was not included with the SP package! This is my first sock, which is now in it's second life. I frogged the first try because the ribbing was much too loose and was going to sag on even the largest of ankles. I think that part of my problem is that this yarn, Knit Pick's Dancing, has nylon in it and therefore has some stretch to it. I didn't take the stretch into account when I was casting on and working on the ribbing. Once I got into the heel and gussets I was used to working with the yarn and saw just how flawed the beginnings of that sock was.

I'm so much happier with this second try! I'm now about 4" into the foot and am looking forward to finishing sock #1 and immediately casting on for matching sock #2. (I've heard from sock gurus near and far that casting on immediately for the mate is a key to avoiding second sock syndrome.)

Owen's sweater is going splendidly! I've worked almost 11" on the back and think that I'll be doing the front halves at one time and the sleeves also at one time. I love working with the yarn, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino.

I've loaded up my iPod with some new music and can't wait to listen to the new Avalon cd while working on Miss Honey's Prayer Shawl!!!

Before I go, Laura wrote a great post about blogging that I encourage everyone to read. If I haven't said so lately, I really appreciate everyone who reads and comments on my blog. It has been such a treat to find and enter this community of knitbloggers. You all are some incredible people, and that we have knitting in common makes it all the much sweeter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked it! It seems we have more in common than I thought! Monet is one of my favorite artist and I have an obsession with stationary and pens too! Crazy fun! I hope you and your family feel better soon! Happy Knitting!
Your Secret Pal

HibiscuitsGirl said...

Sorry you had been sick! That's a great SP package.

And hey, thanks for blogging!