Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Baby Bolero

Pattern: Baby Bolero from Debbie Bliss' Baby Cashmerino 2, size 3-6 months
Yarn: Baby Cashmerino, 2 skeins
Needles: Size 3 and 4 US straights and Size 3 US 40" circular
Started: Saturday, April 21
Finished: Wednesday, April 25
Modifications: The instructions say to seam together all of the pieces before blocking, which never makes sense to me. So I ignored that and blocked everything before seaming which makes me happy. I changed the garter edging from the way the pattern is written. The way they have you doing it is to basically knit a garter strip that is 5 or 6 stitches wide and attach it to the front edges as you go. There was no edging at the back of the piece which I thought looked rather shoddy considering how the bottom of the back is shaped. So rather than do it their way I used a circular needle and picked up stitches around the whole thing and then joined it and worked in the round for 6 rounds. This gives a nice finishing edge to it and I don't have to worry about the back rolling up. Also, I opted not to give the neckline a shawl collar.

I still have 1 skein of this yarn left over and I'm considering making a little skirt or something like that to go with it. You know, a girl needs a cute ensemble when she's going out on the town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Love the color. And I think you made a good decision to modify the border - it looks great!