Monday, April 16, 2007

Happy

There are some days that you just know are going to be difficult. Maybe there's a task on that day that you know is going to take all of your energy, or a person you'll have to work with that you've never really gotten along with. No matter what it is that you're up against you know that it's going to take everything you have to make it through the day with your dignity and poise left intact.

Today was my day and it had been circled in red on my desk calendar at work for the past two and a half weeks. Getting ready for work this morning I did everything I could to prep myself.

Favorite and most comfortable maternity pants? Check.
Calming perfume? Check.
iPod ready to play upbeat music? Check.
Fun book to read at lunch so as to mentally escape? Check.

And the secret weapon... the socks. Yes, the socks that I finished over the weekend. I didn't even block them so that I could make sure that they were ready to wear on Monday morning.

Happy socks with other things that make me happy... my family.
That's Bryan and my youngest brother, Isaac, taken 4 years ago.


Ah, the socks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I wondered what the secret was. I guess I'll just have to knit myself some secret happy socks. :D

anxiousdog said...

These turned out SO CUTE! Is this self-striping or did you do that handy work yourself?

Anonymous said...

Nosy me - all I can think about is what or whom was so dreadful that day! :) Very pretty socks, though.

carin said...

I just love your striped happy socks! Can you tell me what type of yarn you used? I would love to knit a pair just like that!