My SP6 questionnaire!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I'm not a yarn snob, but there are certain things from Red Heart and Lion Brand that I don't care for. Basically, if it's good and soft I'll use it. I have discovered that I do appreciate fine yarn though. I felted a bag with Plymouth and it was fantastic. I couldn't believe how much nicer my work looked while I was making it.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Spinning? No. Crocheting? Yes. My great-grandmother taught me to crochet when I was young, and I've been doing it on and off my whole life.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I am allergic to smoke and to pets. Oh, and freshly cut grass... though I don't believe that'll be much of a problem here.
4. How long have you been knitting?
Not very long. Only about a couple of months. I absolutely love it!
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I think I do. It's somewhere on my blog. If not, let me know and I'll gladly make up one!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla has always been a favorite. With that said, I also love to try new scents!
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes, but one I'm trying to tone down. Though if you find it absolutely necessary to send me chocolate, I like it dark. *wink wink*
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I love to cross-stitch, though I find that trying to do that with a 2 year old is not only dangerous, but impossible! I took a broken glass mosaic class last summer with my Mom and sister and that was a ton of fun!
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have eclectic music taste. Please no rap or heavy metal. My nerves can't take it! My computer plays MP3s and I'm thinking I'll be adding an iPod to my collection soon.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is blue. Like French Blue or muted blues. I also love sage greens and soft buttery yellows. I think the only color I'm not fond of (meaning I wouldn't paint my walls this color) is orange. My mom describes my color preferences as Martha Stewart Muted. Does that help or confuse?
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
We just moved to Missouri from Southern California, in part to be near my parents who moved to Branson in July. My parents are awesome and I love them to death! I have a sister who will be graduating from college in May and getting married in June. She's incredible and I miss her a lot. My two brothers are 11 and 6 and live with my parents, of course. They're practically like my own kids, and I adore them. My youngest brother has an autism spectrum disorder called Aspergers and just started kindergarten. The middle brother is a genius with Legos and loves to draw. My husband is my best friend and I'm madly in love with him. We just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. For a good laugh, ask how we met. And finally, our son, Owen. He just turned 2 last Saturday (a day before his Daddy's birthday) and he is the light of my life. I love him more than I can even describe.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I want to travel. Anywhere. Everywhere. I want to be the best Mom, ever. I'll add to this later. It's been a long day!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I'm still learning, but this Amore yarn from Coates & Clark that I'm working with is fun. (If you happen to find more of the Thyme color, you'd be my hero!) I really liked the Plymouth yarn. I'll keep you updated as I discover more! I'm dying to try Debbie Bliss yarns!!!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Anything scratchy. I have sensitive skin and if it's the least bit scratchy it'll drive me crazy!
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Bags. Purses. Yeah. I'm also obsessed with finding the perfect cardigan pattern to make for my son's winter coat. He's a size 2/3 T, in case you were wondering! I'm also trying to figure out if my husband would ever wear dress socks if I made them for him.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I'm still a novice here, but scarves are fun and quick. I really am dying to try socks for my big man and a sweater for my little man.
17. What are you knitting right now?
A basic garter stitch blanket. I need something soothing and repetitive that requires no thought whatsoever. Cheap therapy for my currently crazy world.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Meh, I could take them or leave them. I think I'm more of a wrap or shawl type girl.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
They both serve their purpose. I do seem to lean toward circulars, though.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I love my Denise set! Fantastic. I also bought my first set of bamboos and I could die. They're fabulous. I'm not a huge fan of aluminum, though. They frustrate me.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
No, but I'd like to be!
22. How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself. It took a few tries over a few years... and viola!
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don't have one yet. Give me time.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
We just went to the Bass Pro "Wonder of Wildlife" Natural Museum and I fell in love with the sea otters!
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
I don't think so. I'll certainly be reminded of it when I'm unpacking, though!
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I don't think so.
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
ETA: 30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
I'm a size 8.5 and I have feet a tad on the wide side. I like thinner socks, but will need some slightly thicker ones for the coming weather changes!