Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My first sweater!

I'm so sick of boring, plain, garter stitch that I could pass out. So I decided to put aside my green therapy blanket that I started the day that we moved here, and still work on Ashley & Glenn's wedding gift... but to start on a sweater for Owen!

The yarn: Wool of the Andes from KnitPicks

The pattern: Stocking Stitch Sweater from Debbie Bliss' Baby Style

The color: Chestnut

The size: 3T (I figure it'll last him through this winter and perhaps into next fall if I'm really lucky.)

Yes, it's not exactly brain surgery. Just Stockinette Stitch and raglan sleeves... but it's something I've never done and I'm looking for a bit of a challenge. However, I don't want so much challenge that I shudder at the thought of sweaters. Nope. So this is a great compromise for me. If it goes well, I'll try a more detailed sweater for Owen. And if that doesn't make me cry, then I'll make something for Bryan.

It's a plan!

I made my swatch to test the gauge and I'm dead even! Love it! So I have cast on my 70 stitches and have stockinetted for 7 rows. Only 9" from cast on to go!

I'm proud of myself. Yay me!