Saturday, September 24, 2005

How much fun would this be?!

I was doing some yarn investigating when I came upon this amazing thing that I so would love to do! How could someone pass this up? (Except for the money issue, of course.)

I ordered some yarn from KnitPicks and it arrived! There are 10 skeins of Twirl in Cream, a few skeins of something for my Secret Pal, 8 skeins of Wool of the Andes in Chestnut for Owen's sweater, and 3 skeins of sock yarn in blues and greens that I can't remember the name of.

I'm making up the Twirl into a luxe blanket for my cousin who is getting married at the end of October. I already realize that I will probably need more yarn for this, making it more expensive than originally intended, but she's worth it!

I also found one of two lys only about 15 minutes away from me in Springfield. The first will probably be my favorite and it is called Simply Fibre (I think?), located on S. Campbell. The ladies in there were wonderful and very helpful. The store itself is adorable and jam packed with so much yarn it was dizzying! I found a great beginner's sock pattern and some dpns for it. I also found two more skeins of yarn for my Secret Pal that I almost kept for myself, but couldn't bring myself to do it!

By the way, have I mentioned how sweet Bryan is? I was trying to find some of the TLC Amore in Light Sage since I knew that I would need more, so one day this week after work he went on a search to find more for me! Hobby Lobby didn't have it, neither did Simply Fibre (which I could have told him, but he was surprising me), and I think he finally found it at Michael's. Bryan came home victoriously with 4 more skeins in hand and made my day by giving me the spoils of his conquest along with an iPod for my birthday hidden among the yarn. I tell you, I'm the luckiest girl around!!!!!

1 comment:

Donyale said...

Wow - I would love to do that thing tooo - a little more expensive from Australia though I think.