Friday, September 30, 2005

Progress!

I have about 6" done on Owen's sweater. The Wool of the Andes has been good to work with and is knitting up nicely. I love the color and think it will look great on Owen. His eyes are like Bryan's and change between green and hazel.

As soon as I can find the cable for my camera I'll post some pictures! I have pictures from my Secret Pal's package and some of my French Market Bag.

Oh! Speaking of the French Market Bag... I got such a thrill yesterday! I went down to Branson to spend the morning with Mom & Dad (see my personal journal if you'd like to read about that day in full... it was "fun") and of course brought Owen's sweater with me. It was a good thing because I had plenty of time to work on it! I brought it in my French Market Bag and Mom loved the bag. Here's how the conversation went:

Mom: "Oh! I love that bag! I saw it at your house on moving day and wondered where you got it. Did you get it at a craft fair? I showed it to your Dad because I told him that I wanted one. How much was it? I guessed $50, but I could be wrong. Did you keep the name of who you bought it from?" (Mom was talking very fast. She does that when she's excited.)

Me: "Um, Mom? I made that!"

Mom: "What? How?!"

Me: "Well, I bought wool and needles and then I made it."

Mom: "I want one! Make me one!"

Me: "Merry Christmas!"

You can imagine what a thrill that was for me! My Mom is very crafty and handy, the general consensus being that if you handed her an instruction manual she could perform brain surgery. She's crocheted blankets, quilted everything from quilts to pillows, tole paints like a professional, and has made several beautiful filet crochet items. So for her to make that comment to me made me so proud!

And now... on a different note:

bamboo
You are bamboo.
Warm, cozy, and thoughtful, you take your time and
enjoy how things feel, smell, and taste. You
love the craft and beauty of traditional
things, and you value the comfort and
experience of knitting as much as the results.
But while you are reveling in your warm cozies,
don't get stuck. Warm is wonderful, but so is
the whole wide world!


What kind of knitting needles are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: