Monday, August 01, 2005


Picture as promised! This is my treat yarn. The single skein that I picked up from Noble Knits on Friday. Isn't it delectable?!

My plan for this yarn... save it. Work for it. Earn it. Basically, I've lost 15 pounds and the bargain is that I can make myself something with this when I've lost another 10. I plan on making a slinky, lacy shawl/wrap type thing with it. Should I knit or crochet it? I'm debating.

I can't remember if I mentioned it, but when I went back in yesterday I purchased 2 skeins of yarn (I can't remember what) for my secret sister at church. She doesn't knit or crochet, but I did make a lucious chocolate brown scarf for her with it. It was like a present for both of us! *grins* It made up really quickly since it was chunky, so I knocked that thing out in about an hour and a half. It was $12 for the yarn (total), as it was 50% off. *grins even more!*

2 bummers:

1. I forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to her today.

2. I didn't have a chance to see her open it.

I'm working on my last item for the Pine Ridge Reservation project and will hopefully finish the blanket in the next day or two. I'd love to mail that out on Wednesday and get it out of my house and into someone's arms who could actually use it. I went through some of Owen's stuff and included 5 pairs of shoes that he's grown out of, as well as some warm sweaters and shirts. Yay!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yummy looking yarn! Welcome to Crochteville!