Friday, July 29, 2005

I've been to heaven....

and it was spectacular!

After hearing from Jen that there was a yarn store only a 5 minute drive from my house, I quickly decided that it was only necessary for me to visit. So late this morning I put Owen in the car and we made a quick dash over there.

I promised myself before going in that I would only spend $11 (the amount in my wallet). I made Owen promise to hold me to it, and he did. He's a very strict 21 month old when it comes to money. Something about his college fund, or at least that's what I've heard him mutter under his breath. This was a much easier thing to say before having entered the store. Once I actually went inside, I almost swore again, but not the promising kind either... but only because I was having a hard time imagining having to leave any of the beautiful skeins of yarn behind!

Noble Knits, the LYS of which I'm talking, is wonderfully charming. There is one seating area in front and another with a large table to work on that is more toward the middle. When I went in there were 3 people chatting happily and knitting away on projects at the table. Yarn covers every inch of wall, as well as a few displays on the floor. I found the Denise interchangeable knitting needle set, as well as a huge assortment of crochet hooks and knitting needles. Owen found a basket full of button jars and amused himself with shaking the jars and examining the samples glued to the tops. He was not as admiring of the yarn as I was, but I forgave him for that on the condition and mutual understanding that whenever we came to the store that he would be a good boy and not make a mess. It's a deal.

I was able to hold myself true to my word and only spent $10.33. My purchases were a pair of steel yarn needles and a skein of Noro in Spring Garden. I fell in love with the color and texture of the Noro immediately and was so excited to find that it was 25% off! It's like candy. Seriously.

My computer is giving me issues with posting pictures again, but I'll have one up soon I hope!

No comments: