Saturday, July 23, 2005

If I had a hammer... or an extra set of arms...

In my inbox was an update from Lion Brand and it mainly talked about giving your finished items to charity. I guess they've had a lot of mail about it and decided to address it in an update. In the update was a letter from someone about Project Linus and I just about cried my eyes out.

Of course I vowed to give them blankets! How could I not!!!

I guess I just find it all overwhelming. There are so many people in the world who need help, who need someone to love them, who need to feel one shred of comfort for just a few minutes.

I can't help them all and that thought is enough to bring me to tears. I want to help them! I want to make a blanket for every infant, child, teenager, mom, dad, grandpa, and grandma that's out there!

Only, I just have 2 hands. And I have a son who needs me. And I have a husband who needs me. And I have a church that needs me. The list goes on.

So I suppose I'll just have to face that I won't be able to make the world a blankie. But I can make one little person-sized blankie at a time, and pray over it and hope that it puts a smile on someone's face.

No comments: