Sunday, July 03, 2005

I'm so proud

Friday night we went to Wal-Mart and I picked up quite a few skeins of yarn for the charity projects I plan on doing. Of course we bought more stuff than originally intended... but such is life.I love the colors I picked out. I tried to get a variety of tones and some variegated yarn, which I've never used before. :) Once I figure out why PhotoBucket is kicking me off, I'll post a picture of the stash I bought.... and I'll post a picture of my very first hat!!! :D YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!I worked it in a bright rainbow variegated yarn and used a pattern in my Crocheting For Dummies book. I had to modify it slightly because I wanted the hat to be child-sized. Finally, after 5 hours, and much re-working, I finished it!!! I'm so stinking proud of it. :D I made a child-sized scarf with the remainder of the skein (2 projects, one skein, I love it).I rock.

No comments: