Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Adventures in Knitting!

The other night I started knitting a scarf. I think I have tension issues. I think I have questions.

For one thing, I was looking through my book and come to find out, I'm doing a stockinette stitch. I didn't know. Here's what I thought was supposed to happen:

Cast on stitches
Knit one row
Purl one row
Knit one row
Purl one row.... etc etc etc

Tadaaa!!! Scarf!

Apparently, I'm wrong. *confused!* Anyone out there want to give me some purls of wisdom?

I've fixed my tension a bit. It's not nearly as tight as it was, which makes the knitting process so much less stressful! Yay! I'm probably not doing it the "correct" way, but let's fix one issue at a time.

I ended up starting a new scarf with some cute variegated yarn, got about 4" done and then switched to some cream yarn. Oh, yes! I'm mixing up the colors, people!!! (I'm enjoying this, can you tell?)

No comments: