Monday, October 17, 2005

Happy (Belated) Birthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday!!! It was a good celebration weekend and to show you why (and to distract you from an unfinished twirl throw) I give you pictures!

We went to Silver Dollar City for the first time on Saturday and spent the day walking around. I found displays and demonstrations on spinning and weaving! It was incredible!



Mom and I both couldn't help but spend a great deal of time hanging around those booths. Mom even picked out some hand spun, hand dyed 100% wool from one of the women. It will become her Christmas present, also known as her own French Market Bag. It is 8 oz of wool, and I'm thinking that I may need to find a coordinating color, just in case it requires a little more than what I have.

Silver Dollar City was very scenic and I loved the views. It is my first time in the presence of fall color and I'm very much entranced by what I see!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

happy belated birthday! :)

What lovely yarns! mmmm