Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Is it done yet?

Please? Let the blanket be finished! Oh, I'm on the 10th skein now? Just 1/2 a skein to go and then washing and blocking? Okay. I think I can handle that.

I worked for 2 hours on the twirl blanket yesterday and for an hour this morning. I am just determined to have this thing done by tonight! For one thing, the wedding is on Saturday, and though I know it won't get to California by then, I'd like for it to be there by the time they get back from their honeymoon! And secondly, I'm so tired of this blanket that I could scream. If I hadn't spent over $100 on the yarn I would have scrapped it long ago and bought them a set of bed linens or something. Finally, I'd really love to get back to workin on Owen's sweater. Though the weather hasn't cooled to where it normally is at this time of year, I know it will shortly and I'd love to have him wearing that sweater!

My goal: Finish knitting the blanket this afternoon during Owen's nap. Wash and block. Keep the fan on it all night and probably all tomorrow as well. Ship the stupid gift on Friday while I'm out at my OB appointment and running errands.

I think I need a cheerleader or something!

No comments: