Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I know why the caged bird sings

wAnd I know why I don't post every day. Why? Because it would be very boring, indeed. The pants pictured yesterday are exactly 2.5" bigger today. That's it. Tomorrow I'll have more done and then I can amaze you with the difference that 5 additional inches makes! Exciting!

The holidays are coming up and my parents are going to Ohio to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and brother-in-law who will be celebrating with his family. This leaves our little family here to celebrate on our own or with my aunt and uncle who live down the street from my parents. It's an odd thought, that I won't be with my parents on Thanksgiving but considering that my sister hasn't had Thanksgiving with my parents for the last 2 years, I think I can let her have a turn!

I love it when my whole family is together. There's something so perfect about it. Not that we're a perfect family, but it feels different. We mesh together in a lovely way.

This is one of my very favorite pictures from our wedding. The photographer had an assistant with them and they had two cameras. One camera had color film and took the more traditional staged shots and the other was a black and white that took pictures of whatever was going on. I love those black and whites infinitely more than the color pictures because they show US. He somehow managed to capture the heart of my family and our wedding.

From left to right you can see the edge of my sister, Heather, then comes me and you can see the top of Bryan's head above me. Next to Bryan is the older of my brothers, Jared, who turns 13 years old on Sunday, and then there's Isaac who was only 1 and a half years old when we got married. Holding Isaac is Bryan's best man, Shane.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll share more wedding pictures if you're interested! For now I'm going to make a cup of hot tea (thanks, Secret Pal!) and cuddle up next to my honey. It's another cold night!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

We still haven't figured out what we're doing for Thanksgiving this year (I voted for tacos...not a big fan of turkey).

Adorable photo!