Thursday, November 01, 2007

Is it possible?

November 1... how can that be? I'm shocked about how quickly this year is passing! It has been a whirlwind of a year, to be sure.

While talking with Mom on the phone this morning I came to the realization that I am going to be ripping out the red shrug. I was telling Mom about how I need more clothes that I can wear to work because my last 2 jobs were at places that I wore jeans to work every day. Now that I'm in a dressy work environment I'm finding that my wardrobe is a little more limited that I like. I told her about the dress code and we talked about body types and what we feel comfortable wearing and what we feel good wearing. As I made the bed and stared at the shrug that was sitting on my bedside table I realized that it was not something that I could wear to work and it really didn't qualify as something that I would feel comfortable or good while wearing. So why make an item of clothing that wouldn't make me feel good about how I look?

Now that I have 3 skeins of red Cascade 220 available I'm thinking of pairing it with some black Cascade 220 in my stash and making a red sweater for Owen that has some colorwork on the yoke. Time to search Ravelry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a shame, and especially after you did math! :-) It's understandable, though, and the red Cascade will look great on Owen.