Friday, November 02, 2007

Nostalgia

Ailish will be 6 months old in 2 weeks and thinking about that got me thinking about Owen when he was that age. They even look similar in their own unique ways.
Ailish (5 months old) and Lolly at the new house. October 2007.

Owen (7 months old) and Bryan in San Luis Obispo, CA. April 2004.
The handsome Owen at age 4. October 2007.

Do you ever wonder where your knitting will be in a few years? There are some knits that will probably go to that great yarn store in the sky, like much loved socks. And I know that I'll be packing away Owen's brown sweater (my first sweater!) after this winter and will tuck a note in it to tell Owen how much he loved it and how much I loved making it for him. Where will my next favorite project be in 10 years? With any luck, the majority of the things that I've made will have been loved to death and found their happiness in fulfilling their knitted destiny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tradition you're starting. :-)

Anonymous said...

Awwww..... how cute!
=)