Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Proof of the Legs!


Here we have the legs of the Baby Bell Bottoms! (Forgive the odd picture.) Last night I finished the second leg and then joined the legs to start the bottom of the... well, bottom. As of this moment there's about an inch and a half of the bottom and I've worked my first short row on the back of the pants.

Tonight I showed the pants to a coworker. She's a sweet grandmotherly type with lots of energy and a love of crafts, the perfect person to show the knitting to. Right? Her response was, "Huh. Isn't that interesting. You know you could just buy her some pants." Guess who I won't be showing my knitting to in the future.

She's right, though. I really could just buy her some pants. The thing is that I love being able to custom-fit them! Also, how cute are these?! Plus, wool pants aren't the easiest thing to find in the store and they'll be so warm for the winter. As if I need to justify my knitting to you guys?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muggles. They'll never get it.

Vicki said...

I love the colors.

Sure you could buy pants, but you couldn't find a pattern like that. And nothing beats being wrapped in something warm and made with love :)

anxiousdog said...

My sister said that to me about my Central Park Hoodie! She said, "That's cool... but you can buy this at the GAP for like $30."

Anonymous said...

The legs look great. The color is going to look wonderful on her!
Your SP